Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Tuesday, December 6

Day 4

Dear diary,
Today WASN'T the best day ever.

Actually, the ending of the workday is what made me say so...

But before I go on with why it wasn't great...I'd just like to acknowledge the day's highs:

#1: ...
#2: ...
#3: ...

Gee, I can't seem to recall any. Erk!

Other (moderate) events of the day:

#1: We had a fire drill....at NOON!!! The sun was right up there!!! Felt more like a fire GRILL...

#2: I found out that my "supervisor" (see Day 3) is NOT my supervisor...Huh? Then why is it HE's the one who gives me tasks??!!...when the supervisor is another person altogether...Odd.

#3: My colleague and I went to the canteen today, but only to "pack" lunch and have it inside the office...we will never (I feel) be able to eat at the canteen...I guess the reason we went today was to avoid my (supposedly-but-not-after-all) supervisor's offer to accompany us there. Heh.

The day's lows:

My trip back home from work sucked!
The usual routine was to get on the bus, take the less-than-five-minute ride and I'm home. It is very convenient because that is the bus' USUAL route.
But unsually...TODAY, the bus driver goes and take an UNUSUAL route. He was supposed to go 270 degrees at the roundabout and turn right....but he went and turned only 180 degrees and went straight!!
Needless to say I was aghast.
Immediately, I confronted the driver.."Uncle, this bus doesn't go to 16?"(FYI,that's where I live)
And what does he do?
He returns my fare and drops me off at the next bus-stop!!! which is already WWWAAAAYYY off my route!!!
I SO felt I wanted to hit him on the head and hijack the bus...
Grudgingly, I didn't do that and alighted off the bus at an unknown bus-stop...Fortunately,I had an idea of how to go home from here.
Hoping my idea was right...it took me AGES to cross the road to the bus-stop on the other side. The traffic was heavy and inconsiderate...Boy did I wish the traffic light worked!! Apparently it didn't.
On the other side, waiting...hoping that the bus would arrive before dark...a huge BOOM! sounded nearby...Damn Firecracker maniacs!!! (It didn't take much to cause an already-pissed-off-gal to curse. Damn.)
When the bus finally arrived, I boarded and this time made sure to spell it out to the driver...
"SIXTEEN...."
And I paid my fare. I suddenly realised that for this bus, I have to pay a higher fare. Damn.
So I got home alright....my 5-minute trip stretched to 20-minutes...and my fare strectched as well....
I stopped by the minimart and lugged a 5kg pack of rice home...what a pathetic sight I must have been. But I was too disgruntled to care.
Finally home, I took a nap to sleep my exasperation away.

Told ya it wasn't the best day ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home