Day 36
Dear diary,
Had quite a lotta time to myself today...
Went blog-reading around the internet and of course, updating my own blogs.
One thing worth noting today was that while little insignificant me was slaving away at the copy machine, the Big Boss himself came to make some copies of some documents and he said Hi.
No biggie there...
But he went on to conduct an interview with me as the interviewee...
Big Boss: So how do you find working here so far?
Me: O...kay la I guess. [Hesitant. I was caught off guard.]
Big Boss: Okay? Learning anthing?
Me: Uhh...yeah, learning but I don't know what exactly. [Again hesistating.]
[Nervous laughter.]
Big Boss: [Concerned.] Who are you reporting to?
Me: [Feel a knot in my throat. What have I done?] To N******[my supervisor] but R**** is the one who gives me stuff to do.
Big Boss: When you came here did you have expectations of what you'd be doing?
Me: [Gulp.] I'd expected to do the stuff I learn in class.
Big Boss: Do you feel like you're not doing enough of that?
Me: Urr...the things I do here are not what I'd expected.
Big Boss: Have you talked to N****** about that?
Me: [What?!] Uhh..No..
Big Boss: Won't you want to talk to her about that?
Me: Uhh...I don't know.
Big Boss: Would you like me to talk to her about that?
Me: [NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!] ....
Big Boss: Because we really hope that what you learn here will be of use to you in the future.
Me: Okay...
Big Boss: You can go and talk to N****** about that and tell her maybe you'd like to try doing something else?
Me: O...kay...
Big Boss: Okay...Best of Luck then...
Me: ....
And he walks away...
Later, I heard him talking to N******...the words were inaudible but I heard his voice.
Crap!
I can imagine N******'s reaction:
She's [meaning Me] just a practical trainee here for the remaining 4 months and she's going behind me [meaning N******] and reporting me to my [Big] Boss!!!
Gulp!
I may just have sealed my own grave.
*Sigh*
Had quite a lotta time to myself today...
Went blog-reading around the internet and of course, updating my own blogs.
One thing worth noting today was that while little insignificant me was slaving away at the copy machine, the Big Boss himself came to make some copies of some documents and he said Hi.
No biggie there...
But he went on to conduct an interview with me as the interviewee...
Big Boss: So how do you find working here so far?
Me: O...kay la I guess. [Hesitant. I was caught off guard.]
Big Boss: Okay? Learning anthing?
Me: Uhh...yeah, learning but I don't know what exactly. [Again hesistating.]
[Nervous laughter.]
Big Boss: [Concerned.] Who are you reporting to?
Me: [Feel a knot in my throat. What have I done?] To N******[my supervisor] but R**** is the one who gives me stuff to do.
Big Boss: When you came here did you have expectations of what you'd be doing?
Me: [Gulp.] I'd expected to do the stuff I learn in class.
Big Boss: Do you feel like you're not doing enough of that?
Me: Urr...the things I do here are not what I'd expected.
Big Boss: Have you talked to N****** about that?
Me: [What?!] Uhh..No..
Big Boss: Won't you want to talk to her about that?
Me: Uhh...I don't know.
Big Boss: Would you like me to talk to her about that?
Me: [NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!] ....
Big Boss: Because we really hope that what you learn here will be of use to you in the future.
Me: Okay...
Big Boss: You can go and talk to N****** about that and tell her maybe you'd like to try doing something else?
Me: O...kay...
Big Boss: Okay...Best of Luck then...
Me: ....
And he walks away...
Later, I heard him talking to N******...the words were inaudible but I heard his voice.
Crap!
I can imagine N******'s reaction:
She's [meaning Me] just a practical trainee here for the remaining 4 months and she's going behind me [meaning N******] and reporting me to my [Big] Boss!!!
Gulp!
I may just have sealed my own grave.
*Sigh*



1 Comments:
Actually, impressed isn't the word I'd use...more of "concerned" for the welfare of those under him..even just insignificant practitioners like me...and I'm not being sarcastic...really felt he was concerned...
It's my supervisor's reaction that I'm worried about..heh.
Post a Comment
<< Home