Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Tuesday, April 18

Day 87

[Backdated entry: Friday 14/04/06]

Dear diary,
It's Good Friday…

I only did half-a-day's shift today. Asked my supervisor for an early leave so that I could attend Good Friday service at CSS.

During lunch break, a colleague was kind enough to drop me off on her way to lunch.

It was raining very heavily…like it always does on Good Friday.

And at exactly 3pm, we had the final station of the cross for Lent…and the cock crew (really! But more than 3 times…)…

The service was at 4pm. After which there were confessions and then a brief informal "get-to-know" session with the handsome young-at-heart priest Father Aloysius. [He was with us throughout the Holy Week since Palm Sunday…]

After that, my friends and I had breaking of the Good Friday fast before heading home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home