Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Wednesday, April 5

Day 74 - Day 78

[Backdated entry: Monday 27/03/06 – Friday 31/03/06]
Dear diary,
This whole week I've been away from my own desk, computer and the-regular-stuff-I-normally-do at the main office…

And surprisingly, the week felt somewhat like a mini-"retreat"…

It was good to get away from the norm once in a while.

So what have I been doing during this 1-week you wonder?

Nothing much, except hauling 31 BIG boxes and rummaging through all the files inside the boxes and flipping through every single piece of paper in the files in search of a certain document which we needed to make copies of…

Sounds easy?

It all depends on luck actually.

On Friday (after lunch) when I was suddenly put "on hire", I found quite a bundle of relevant documents…

Beginner's luck.

Monday I found nada…
Tuesday I found zilch…
Wednesday I found a few…(That was a relief!)
Thursday I found zero…
And Friday, it was considerably lucky I found a few within the 1st half-hour before 8.30am…
I didn't find anything for the remainder of the day…
Until I found some half-hour before we close shop at 5pm…

Basically, that was all that took place this whole week.

I am thankful that it gave me an opportunity to get away from the round-the-mill routine at the main office…it was a breather.
I am also thankful that in the course of this week, I managed to make new friends as well! There was this other trainee (like us, except she's training and will actually work here after that while we, my colleague and I, return to campus) who joined us at the main office this month but we never got to know each other…until this 1-week "vacation"…
But what I'm ESPECIALLY thankful for is that I managed to NOT stay back for this week as I was earlier led to believe….

Phew!

So ends my summary of my "one-week" rental…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home