Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Friday, March 17

Day 67

Dear diary,
[Backdated entry: Thursday 16/03/06]

I practically rushed a zombie to work this morning.

I overslept and woke up at 7.30am. (I wasn't feeling well and considered not coming to work at all…but I dreaded having to explain myself so I just went anyway.) The previous night was a long one as I went on a slumber party with some girlfriends aka my long-ago-housemates. I was deprived of sleep (slept at 4.30am) and already late, I had to get back to my own house to get ready for work.

I managed to arrive at work by 8.30am. Sacrificing more greens for the cab…but I didn't have much choice.

However, being in semi-conscious-zombie-mode didn't help at all…I was caught dozing (again) and since I didn't head over to the Clinic this morning (since I arrived late), my superficial supervisor took me there himself. The lady at the counter (Nurse?) gave me 2 paracetamols aka Panadols to ease my headache (which was mostly due to sleep deprivation but my supervisor thinks I'm coming down with something.)

I didn't take the medication because panadol=more sleepy and I was on an empty stomach. Everyone knows you shouldn't take medication on an empty stomach…besides,I'm my own doctor in this case and the best prescription is to get some much needed sleep…And quick!

So, I requested from my real supervisor that I may be allowed to go home early (aka during lunch break) and I was permitted…so I hitched a ride on a friend (who was having her practical attachment nearby) and went home and zzz…

I spent a whole lotta mullas for the cab and only worked half-day?!
That's highly uneconomic…

I should've just skipped work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home