Day 61
Backdated entry for Wednesday 08/03/2006
Dear diary,
Oi Vay!
I arrived at the office half-an-hour late today. (Office hours are 8am-5pm)
To really appreciate today's post, I absolutely must share with you the details of the networking I do just getting to the office 5 days a week.
Commuting between my new home and office…it takes about half-an-hour, give or take, involves switching buses and "transit"-ing at a location (let's just call this location "2") in between. But it mostly depends on the public transport (aka bus), which I might add are sometimes quite UNreliable…
Option 1
6.30am – Wake up [That's freakin darn early!!!]
7.15am – 1st bus
7.30am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day, I can immediately get a 2nd bus (5-min ride) and stop at the round-about and walk another 10mins to the office.
7.30am – 2nd bus
7.45am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day, "transition" could take me up to 30mins!
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
Since the second bus's timing leaves a lot to be desired, I figured I'd juggle my time from home so that I can cut the time spent on "transit" and spend those precious 30mins in slumberland, or at least, snoozing.
Option 2
6.30am-6.45am – Wake up and snooze
7.30am – 1st bus
7.45am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
7.45am – 2nd bus
8am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
So then I figured I could still salvage those 15mins of "transit"…
Option 3
6.30am-7am – Wake up and snooze
7.45am – 1st bus
8am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
Option 3 seems most ideal…more snooze time and no or less time spent transitting. So if I miss the 7.45am bus, the only other option is to take a cab which would take about 10mins and I can still reach the office by or before 8.15am…
Today I accidentally snoozed till 7.15am so I missed the 7.45am bus and there wasn't any cab…so…
8am – 1st bus
8.15am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
8.15am – 2nd bus
8.30am – Arrive at work
(Fortunately, today was a good day.)
Dear diary,
Oi Vay!
I arrived at the office half-an-hour late today. (Office hours are 8am-5pm)
To really appreciate today's post, I absolutely must share with you the details of the networking I do just getting to the office 5 days a week.
Commuting between my new home and office…it takes about half-an-hour, give or take, involves switching buses and "transit"-ing at a location (let's just call this location "2") in between. But it mostly depends on the public transport (aka bus), which I might add are sometimes quite UNreliable…
Option 1
6.30am – Wake up [That's freakin darn early!!!]
7.15am – 1st bus
7.30am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day, I can immediately get a 2nd bus (5-min ride) and stop at the round-about and walk another 10mins to the office.
7.30am – 2nd bus
7.45am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day, "transition" could take me up to 30mins!
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
Since the second bus's timing leaves a lot to be desired, I figured I'd juggle my time from home so that I can cut the time spent on "transit" and spend those precious 30mins in slumberland, or at least, snoozing.
Option 2
6.30am-6.45am – Wake up and snooze
7.30am – 1st bus
7.45am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
7.45am – 2nd bus
8am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
So then I figured I could still salvage those 15mins of "transit"…
Option 3
6.30am-7am – Wake up and snooze
7.45am – 1st bus
8am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
-> On a not-so-good day,
8am – 2nd bus
8.15am – Arrive at work
Option 3 seems most ideal…more snooze time and no or less time spent transitting. So if I miss the 7.45am bus, the only other option is to take a cab which would take about 10mins and I can still reach the office by or before 8.15am…
Today I accidentally snoozed till 7.15am so I missed the 7.45am bus and there wasn't any cab…so…
8am – 1st bus
8.15am – Transit at "2"
-> On a good day,
8.15am – 2nd bus
8.30am – Arrive at work
(Fortunately, today was a good day.)



5 Comments:
My journey to work is a lot less convoluted and yet a longer journey:
Scenario 1
Rush Hour Traffic (M-F, 6-9am, 5-7pm)
7:00am - Wake up
8:00am - Leave for work (via two massively congested highway systems with everyone driving into the city at the same time)
9:30am - Arrive at work.
Scenario 2
Non-Rush Hour Traffic (weekends)
8:30am - Wake up
9:00am - Leave for work
9:30am - Arrive at work.
----
Notice any strange and obvious discrepencies in the time it takes me to get to work? Yeah, I hate rush hour.
Oh yeah, also public transportation is wholly unreliable. For three months at one point I was without a car and the only way I could get to work was this way:
5:00am - Wake up
5:45am - Catch 1st bus
6:45am - Exit bus. Take subway for a couple of stops.
7:15am - Catch 2nd bus
8:00am - Arrive at work.
Imagine that.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mine :
5:30 - Wake up
6:30 - KTM
7:30 - Monorail
8:00 - Research
8:30 - Start Work
1:00 - Lunch
2:00 - Start work
5:30 - Finish work
6:00 - Berjaya Times Square
7:00 - Monorail
7:30 - KTM
8:00 - Home
I have to wait til 7 for the KTM from Kl Sentral to go to Serdang. 6:20 - 7:00 Express KTM, it won't stop at Serdang station.
Hehe..thanks for sharing guys!
I feel a lot more luckier in comparison...=p
BTW,I finally made it to the cyber...now I can comment to my heart's content!
Hahahahah...
Post a Comment
<< Home