Day 38 (The actual one)
This entry is not backdated because it serves as an add-on to the previous post. Day 38 was Friday 27th January 2006. I had my post ready to publish when I accidentally deleted the post TWICE...what I wanted to post was something like this:
Dear diary,
Today's the end of the week and I still managed to learn a lot of stuff...
Lesson#1:Don't asume.
As you (my loyal readers) know, I usually pack lunch from home. And of all days, today(!) I decided to buy lunch from the canteen at work. (Assumingly) My colleague and I went out to the canteen early to get the good stuff before they (assumingly) sell out. When we got there, (assumingly early) we were the only ones there.
The canteen was closed.
Not assumingly...but real-ly.
We were hot (It's no longer the rainy season...) and we were hungry and we didn't even have a morsel of food anywhere...
So we starved to death...
No-lah. We hitched a ride on a colleague to Town in search of food.
Lesson#2: Be prepared.
We didn't have much cash on us so we had to peruse the ATM...we weren't prepared to see the long queue. (Its the end of the month laa...we should've known...)
Since its Friday and people have Sembahyang Jumaat (Friday Prayer) we were afraid that the eateries would be closed. So we went to something we knew would definitely be open - KFC. We weren't prepared to see this...

Queueing for Colonel Sanders Autograph
KFC was packed to the brim! It was crowded and it was a hot day...I'll leave the imagining to you.

My lunch...My stomach was quicker than my cameraphone so this is just the box ;)
Suffice to say, we ate as if it was a race (and because we were hungry) and got the hell out of there ASAP! Pun not intended.
Lesson#3: Plan ahead.
It's Friday (Sembahyang Jumaat) so the possiblity of getting hold of a bus is very slim. Taxis have a high demand around this time so while we may win the attention of the driver, he may still refuse to send us back to the office which is (more than usually) out of his way. This really got me stymied...Taxis are suppose to send us where WE want to go NOT where HE is wants to take us.
So because of the (being sarcastic) "Customer First" mindset of the drivers...we had to go back and forth from the taxi stand and the bus stand...neither seemed promising. Even worse, we didn't have any umbrella and the sun was scorchingly hot. I think I got a tan.
Eventually, we had the taxi send us back to the office by holding a gun to his head.
Almost.
So, dear readers, that was Day 38...Hope you all had a nice holiday since then...
Click here and here to read how I spent mine.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to be back at work...but I'm having a self-proclaimed extended break till next Sunday...Malacca, Here I come! =)
Dear diary,
Today's the end of the week and I still managed to learn a lot of stuff...
Lesson#1:Don't asume.
As you (my loyal readers) know, I usually pack lunch from home. And of all days, today(!) I decided to buy lunch from the canteen at work. (Assumingly) My colleague and I went out to the canteen early to get the good stuff before they (assumingly) sell out. When we got there, (assumingly early) we were the only ones there.
The canteen was closed.
Not assumingly...but real-ly.
We were hot (It's no longer the rainy season...) and we were hungry and we didn't even have a morsel of food anywhere...
So we starved to death...
No-lah. We hitched a ride on a colleague to Town in search of food.
Lesson#2: Be prepared.
We didn't have much cash on us so we had to peruse the ATM...we weren't prepared to see the long queue. (Its the end of the month laa...we should've known...)
Since its Friday and people have Sembahyang Jumaat (Friday Prayer) we were afraid that the eateries would be closed. So we went to something we knew would definitely be open - KFC. We weren't prepared to see this...

Queueing for Colonel Sanders Autograph
KFC was packed to the brim! It was crowded and it was a hot day...I'll leave the imagining to you.

My lunch...My stomach was quicker than my cameraphone so this is just the box ;)
Suffice to say, we ate as if it was a race (and because we were hungry) and got the hell out of there ASAP! Pun not intended.
Lesson#3: Plan ahead.
It's Friday (Sembahyang Jumaat) so the possiblity of getting hold of a bus is very slim. Taxis have a high demand around this time so while we may win the attention of the driver, he may still refuse to send us back to the office which is (more than usually) out of his way. This really got me stymied...Taxis are suppose to send us where WE want to go NOT where HE is wants to take us.
So because of the (being sarcastic) "Customer First" mindset of the drivers...we had to go back and forth from the taxi stand and the bus stand...neither seemed promising. Even worse, we didn't have any umbrella and the sun was scorchingly hot. I think I got a tan.
Eventually, we had the taxi send us back to the office by holding a gun to his head.
Almost.
So, dear readers, that was Day 38...Hope you all had a nice holiday since then...
Click here and here to read how I spent mine.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to be back at work...but I'm having a self-proclaimed extended break till next Sunday...Malacca, Here I come! =)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home