Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Friday, May 19

Day 109

[Backdated entry: Thursday 18/05/06]
Dear diary,
Boy am I excited today…the countdown has just dropped to a single digit…that was the 1st thought that ran through my mind when I was commuting to work today…

And at work -> What a day…a freakin COLD day!

It had been raining heavily all day with in-between showers and needless the say, the office felt like a Huge Refrigerator! If I didn't know any better…I'd have sworn the temperature here was less than zero degrees!

After more than 5 hours' exposure to the unnaturally low temperature, I was shivering and visibly shaking in my skin! The blood has drained from the tip of my fingers leaving them ghoulishly pale, dry and cold…

Even my digestive system failed to perform due to the cold…after lunch, I had to go to the clinic at the back of the office to get something to soothe my aching stomach…not without filling in my personal particulars for the company's employees medical records too…inspite my telling that I was only a trainee and only till the end of this month…

Oh well…under normal circumstances I would just forget about the medication and leave…but since my stomach was more "dominant" at the time, I would have done anything to stop the pain…

After taking the medication, I went back to my desk, still shivering…

Then all the staff gathered into one of the Board Rooms and we had a brief sing-along which goes: "Happy Birthday to you.."

Hey! Apparently, FOUR of my colleagues are having their birthdays this month…so FOUR names were on the cake…and FOUR candles…

It so reminded me of the FOUR of US who celebrated our birthday last weekend…with FOUR names and FOUR candles on our cake too.. ;-D

And it was my fave cake again too!
Chocolate Cheese….
Yummy…

Had a piece of cake and surprisingly, I almost forgot about my stomachache and shivering limbs…
Almost…Hehe…

So…here's to the Cold, the Cake and the May babies…haha…

Countdown: (9) NINE days to Independence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home