Day 110
[Backdated entry: Friday 19/05/06]
Dear diary,
The office is bustling with activities today…
People came and went and meetings were happening in between the comings-and-goings…
The ruckus made me feel it was the start of the usual long-Friday lunch break…even when it was only still 10am…
Anyhow, I just found out yesterday, that the lady across the partition from me (the one who "hijacked" my desk phone)…Well, she's an auditor…
Whoa…and I didn't even suspect her (and 2 others) were auditors…they looked too young…and PLEASANT…
I guess I just realized my perception of auditors – old and grumpy – though I don't know why I perceive them so…
Especially now when I realized that most of my friends are having their practical training in Audit Firms…and recently, my best friend too might be working at the Audit Department during the (remaining) semester hols…
Heck, why DID I have such a perception of auditors in the first place?
I have no idea…but I guess it had something to do with the level of integrity and secrecy (and espionage?) that comes with the job description…heheh..
Sorry guys! (To those who have been wrongly-perceived.)
That perception has changed now…;-D
Also, there are "rumours" (I call them rumours since I haven't yet verified their validity) that at the end of the month (specifically Monday 29/05/06 till Friday 2/06/06) the company will be "closing down" for 1-whole week…meaning that in that period…NO WORK…
And since technically, my industrial training ends on 31/05/06 which is the Wednesday in that said period…that would mean that I wouldn't have to go to work from Monday 29/05/06 to Wednesday 31/05/06…and if that be the case then quite frankly my LAST DAY AT WORK would be pushed up to Friday 26/05/06…which is exactly…NEXT WEEK!
And so my countdown would be only FIVE working days to Independence instead of EIGHT!
But since this is only a rumour (for now)…I'll just leave it like this…
Countdown: (8) EIGHT days to Independence.
Though seriously, FIVE is a much MUCH better number….
Voice of Rationalism: Could a company possibly close down for 1-whole week? Is that LOGICAL in the BUSINESS sense?
Voice of Euphoria: Who cares..? I just wanna get outta here…My Precious…
Author: Oh great! I'm starting to sound like Smeagal from Tolkkien's LOTR…I'll stop typing now…
Smeagal: For now…
Dear diary,
The office is bustling with activities today…
People came and went and meetings were happening in between the comings-and-goings…
The ruckus made me feel it was the start of the usual long-Friday lunch break…even when it was only still 10am…
Anyhow, I just found out yesterday, that the lady across the partition from me (the one who "hijacked" my desk phone)…Well, she's an auditor…
Whoa…and I didn't even suspect her (and 2 others) were auditors…they looked too young…and PLEASANT…
I guess I just realized my perception of auditors – old and grumpy – though I don't know why I perceive them so…
Especially now when I realized that most of my friends are having their practical training in Audit Firms…and recently, my best friend too might be working at the Audit Department during the (remaining) semester hols…
Heck, why DID I have such a perception of auditors in the first place?
I have no idea…but I guess it had something to do with the level of integrity and secrecy (and espionage?) that comes with the job description…heheh..
Sorry guys! (To those who have been wrongly-perceived.)
That perception has changed now…;-D
Also, there are "rumours" (I call them rumours since I haven't yet verified their validity) that at the end of the month (specifically Monday 29/05/06 till Friday 2/06/06) the company will be "closing down" for 1-whole week…meaning that in that period…NO WORK…
And since technically, my industrial training ends on 31/05/06 which is the Wednesday in that said period…that would mean that I wouldn't have to go to work from Monday 29/05/06 to Wednesday 31/05/06…and if that be the case then quite frankly my LAST DAY AT WORK would be pushed up to Friday 26/05/06…which is exactly…NEXT WEEK!
And so my countdown would be only FIVE working days to Independence instead of EIGHT!
But since this is only a rumour (for now)…I'll just leave it like this…
Countdown: (8) EIGHT days to Independence.
Though seriously, FIVE is a much MUCH better number….
Voice of Rationalism: Could a company possibly close down for 1-whole week? Is that LOGICAL in the BUSINESS sense?
Voice of Euphoria: Who cares..? I just wanna get outta here…My Precious…
Author: Oh great! I'm starting to sound like Smeagal from Tolkkien's LOTR…I'll stop typing now…
Smeagal: For now…



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home