Day 15
Dear diary,
Somehow now I suspect someone in The Firm reads this blog.
Why?
Remember that day when I posted about how much I hated filing? And then how I was the very next day assigned to everything else that (I thought) I liked...?
And then yesterday...I mentioned I thought that I'd done everything I could possibly do at work leaving me with no more new "things" to learn etc...
And guess what? Today I was learning so much new stuff I hope I can remember them all!!
Especially tomorrow since I will be fully on my own, unsupervised, doing work I've never done before...treading on unknown territory.
I will, for tomorrow, be "sitting in" for a colleague who will be on leave. (And most probably in the future if she will be on leave again.)
My task:
And whoever you are in The Firm that's reading this now...Wipe that grin off your face.
Somehow now I suspect someone in The Firm reads this blog.
Why?
Remember that day when I posted about how much I hated filing? And then how I was the very next day assigned to everything else that (I thought) I liked...?
And then yesterday...I mentioned I thought that I'd done everything I could possibly do at work leaving me with no more new "things" to learn etc...
And guess what? Today I was learning so much new stuff I hope I can remember them all!!
Especially tomorrow since I will be fully on my own, unsupervised, doing work I've never done before...treading on unknown territory.
I will, for tomorrow, be "sitting in" for a colleague who will be on leave. (And most probably in the future if she will be on leave again.)
My task:
- Open all the mail for the day, paying special attention NOT to open the ones that are "Private & Confidential" or those that aren't for our department.
- Sort out the mail, by taking note of which database it should be in. (FYI,we have 3 database in The Firm, one and the same, but separate in nature. Confused yet?)
- After separating them into the 3 databases...I'll have to sort each database into 3 more categories-whether the document is a statement, or has a purchase order, or doesn't have a PO- respectively. That makes 3 databases x 3 categories = 9 separate stack of docs!
- Then of course there's the issue of them being "approved" or not, "stamped" or not, to keep at our department or forwarded to another department for further action.
- And all this separating and sorting and approving and everything is a very intricate procedure where I can't just skim over the docs but have to look at it line per line! It doesn't help that some of the docs have terribly SMALL fonts, FADED ink and simply undecipherable! (I know this cos I had a crash course in doing this separation thingy just now. With supervision of course. But even then I was all wrinkling my forehead and frowning. I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow...)
- After separating them into the 9 stacks...I'll then have to send them for scanning...hopefully that wouldn't be part of my task.
And whoever you are in The Firm that's reading this now...Wipe that grin off your face.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home