Diary of a Practitioner

When I was in school and studying, I was called a Student. When I was in Varsity, I was called an Undergraduate. When I finished my diploma, I was called a Graduate. When I begin my practical attachment, I am called a Practitioner.

Thursday, December 29

Day 19

Dear diary,
After lunch break, my colleague and I didn't know what was happening when we were suddenly summoned to the Board Room. I swear I had a brief moment of panic thinking we were to attend a meeting.

ME? Meeting?
Gulp.
Are they gonna critic my performance the past 18 days at work?
What are they gonna do?
Will I be fired?
Will I be the next apprentice?

Heh.

When I entered the Board Room, I must have looked like a dear caught in headlights!
I actually stopped breathing when I saw almost everyone in our department present.
Only remembered to inhale after I saw the cake on the Board Room table with the words "Happy Birthday" on it in cream.

Heh.
The corporate culture at work isn't so bad.
(If you recall, during the early days when I just started my attachment we had "makan2"?)
Today we had an office "party"...not a big one..but pretty sweet.
They threw a small office birthday party for the Head of our Department.
Complete with cake and gifts and they even exchanged gifts!

My colleague and I, I feel, were just there out of respect...us for them and them for us.
Office Etiquette?
Whatever.
But it was sweet.
Sang "Happy Birthday" along with the rest.
Clapped along with the rest.
Had cake along with the rest.

The cake was quite filling.
I think its a Carrot&Nuts cake with Orange Flavoured Icing/Cream Topping...
If there ever is such a thing.

It was sweet.
The party I mean.
The cake too.

The corporate culture at work isn't so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home